I offer prenatal and postpartum visits in the comfort of your home, my office in downtown Ithaca, or virtually. During our visit, I address the concerns you identify as most important and create a unique plan that works best for you and your baby to successfully breastfeed.
I'm an approved provider for several health insurance companies.
• Medical history of both parent and baby
• Visual assessment of breasts
• Evaluation of baby's oral anatomy and suckling ability
• Assessment of latching and positioning
• Evaluation of both tongue and lip tie
• Baby weight checks
• Milk supply concerns
• Newborn milk intake recommendations
• Benefits of skin-to-skin
• Common breastfeeding issues including sore nipples, plugged ducts, mastitis, engorgement, and thrush
• Support for returning to work and pumping
• Weaning support
Breast Pumps and
I offer hospital-grade double electric Medela and Spectra breast pump rentals, scale rentals, and breast pump parts for purchase. I also offer a variety of breastfeeding supplies including breast pump flanges, nipple shields, finger-feeders, bottles, as well as breastfeeding and sleep books.
I offer breastfeeding support via telephone and email.
Support Groups and Prenatal Classes